way to get married in Dominica is to apply for a Special Marriage Licence.
The application forms can be obtained from (and when completed are
returned to) the Ministry of Community Development, located in the
Government Headquarters on Hillsborough St.
Guidelines for Obtaining a Special Marriage Licence in Dominica
The following guidelines are from the Government of Dominica's website here:
- Download and complete the Marriage Application Form (Form G)
- Obtain the List of Required Documents for Grant of a Special Marriage Licence (from Government website)
- Present completed Form G and other required/relevant documents to the: Ministry of Social Services, Community Development and Gender Affairs.
One of the under listed officers will be available to assist you:
- Assistant Secretary
- Minister's Secretary
- Permanent Secretary's Secretary
- Pay relevant fees at the Accounts Section after the documents have been reviewed
- For those wishing to meet the two day residency requirement (EC $300.00), the licence will be processed within three (3) days.
- For persons opting for no residency ($EC 500.00), await preparation and approval of licence or return within specified time.
- For weekend and holiday weddings ($EC 704.00) applicants will be required to contact the Ministry of Social Services office at (767) 275 3612.
more information contact the Ministry of Community Development on.
Ministry of Social Services, Community Development and Gender Affairs
1st Floor, Government Headquarters
Tel: (767) 448 2401
Need Help finding a Hotel for your Wedding, Reception or Honeymoon?
Many hotels here in Dominica will be happy to assist you with organising your wedding, reception and accommodation for the bride and groom, wedding party, and family and friends.
For your perfect honeymoon, browse teh featured hotels at left, or see our Accommodation Wizard page and tick the "Honeymoon Package" box under Step 2.