Kristine Simelda is the author of adult novels, three novellas, one young adult novel, and many published pieces of short fiction. An American by birth, she adopted Dominica as her home in 1994 and has been living on the Nature Island ever since. Her main focus as an author living in paradise has been to explore the island's natural, cultural, and social issues via her books and short stories. Currently she lives on a smallholding on the edge of the rainforest where she farms, writes, and raises large dogs.
She has published four books:
- A Face in the River - A fictionalized memoir of a sympathetic expat set on a Caribbean island.
- River of Fire - A multi-cultural women's adventure novel featuring a volcanic eruption.
- Nobody Owns the Rainbow - An exciting Caribbean adventure/romance with a biotech twist.
- Back to the River - A novel for Young Adults seeking to discover their own way home.
Her published short stories include:
- The Century Palm - Anomaly Magazine, Issue 28, 2019
- The Abattoir - The Flying Crapaud, 2020.
- Brother - Published in Jewels of the Caribbean (Potbake Productions 2014).
- Rocky: St. Somewhere Journal, April, 2013.
- Island Time: St. Somewhere Journal, July, 2013.
- Oracle of the Zemi: New Afrikan Journal of Culture, Politics, and Consciousness, Issue 8, 2013.
Find out more about Kristine - visit her website at KristineSimelda.com
In 2015, Kristine founded River Ridge Press Dominica (RRPD). River Ridge Press provides both publishing and editorial services.