Getting Married in Dominica
It’s now easier than ever to have a wedding in Dominica. Couples can get married within 24 hours (effective March 1st 2013). Read through the requirements below and then use our Where to Stay to select the hotel that best suits your style and your budget.
Guidelines for Obtaining a Special Marriage Licence in Dominica
The following guidelines are from the Government of Dominica’s website here:
- Download and complete the Marriage Application Form (Form G)
- Obtain the List of Required Documents for Grant of a Special Marriage Licence (from Government website)
- Present completed Form G and other required/relevant documents to the: Ministry of Social Services, Community Development and Gender Affairs.One of the under listed officers will be available to assist you:
- Assistant Secretary
- Minister’s Secretary
- Permanent Secretary’s Secretary
- Pay relevant fees at the Accounts Section after the documents have been reviewed
- For those wishing to meet the two day residency requirement (EC $300.00), the licence will be processed within three (3) days.
- For persons opting for no residency ($EC 500.00), await preparation and approval of licence or return within specified time.
- For weekend and holiday weddings ($EC 704.00) applicants will be required to contact the Ministry of Social Services office at (767) 275 3612.
For more information contact: Ministry of Social Services, Community Development and Gender Affairs 1st Floor, Government Headquarters Kennedy Avenue Roseau Dominica Tel: (767) 448 2401 E-mail: email@example.com
Looking for a Wedding Photographer?
ImagesDominica.com provides quality photography services for Weddings.
The Perfect Venue!
Fort Shirley in the Cabrits National Park is a beautiful location for a Wedding. The newly restored fort and ground offer spectacular views and cool trade-wind breezes.
Need Help finding a Hotel for your Wedding or Honeymoon?
From an Escape Wedding to a full-blown family function, Dominica is the perfect Caribbean destination for your wedding and honeymoon. Many hotels will be happy to assist you with organising your wedding, reception and accommodation. Whether it's just for the bride and groom, or you have a wedding party, family and friends coming along, you'll find the personal touch you're looking for from many of Dominica's unique hotels. For your perfect Wedding and Honeymoon, browse the our list of hotels offering Weddings and Honeymoon Packages.
What's your Holiday Theme?
Looking for the best places to stay for a Romantic weekend or Wedding venue?