Freediving in the Nature Isle Dominica
Learn freediving, lifesaving, paddleboard, surf and yoga.
The school is located on the beach in Scott’s Head, among a fishing village. The academy’s activities take part in a wider project of sustainable development of the local community of Scott’s Head.
Visit FreedivingDominica.com for more information.
Dominica has recently been discoverd by the freediving community as a perfect place to freedive!
It’s not surprising when you consider the advantages Dominica has to offer over other locales:
Deep dive sites just minutes from shore
Locations in the beautiful and protected Marine Reserve
Eco-Friendly hotels & resorts for hosting Training Camps
Unique underwater terrain, including sulphur vents creating warm "Champagne Bubbles"
FIRST EVER INTERNATIONAL FREE DIVING COMPETITION HELD IN DOMINICA!
Dominica’s first International Freediving Competition took place from November 4th to 11th 2016.
The event was held in the south of Dominica in the Soufriere-Scott’s Head Marine Reserve. The competition was organized by Johnny Sunnex, a champion freediver from New Zealand, and Sofia Gomez Uribe, a Colombian freediver and national female champion.
Congrats to the Overall Winners of the Inaugural Blue Element Freediving Competition: Rosibel Molina, Adam Stern, Sofía Gómez Uribe, Nicolas Girardin, Jonathan Sunnex and So Ja.
See the 2016 participants below and read more at BlueElement.com
Below is a video by Blue Element showing the wrap of its first annual freediving competition!
Dominica has been recognised for a number of awards celebrating the beauty of our underwater seascape. Here are a few:
Dominica #1: Top 10 Dive Sites in US & Caribbean
Dominica was named #1 in a list of the top ten dive sites in the US & Caribbean. “The Nature Island consistently delivers the best in Caribbean diving, if not the world. Champagne reef and Scotts Head drop off are just a couple of the many underwater highlights.” Read more on ScubaRadio.com
Scuba Diving Magazine Awards
1st Place – Marine Life
TOP TEN Mention
- Dive Destination
- Marine Life
- Healthiest Marine Environment
- Underwater Photography
Dominica Earns Best Diving Awards by Readers of Scuba Diving Magazine
- Dominica #1: Top Marine Life in Caribbean/Atlantic
Dominica, the Adventure Island
If you are not a freediver, don’t worry! There are a lot of other fun activities to do in Dominica.
Dominica is the Nature Island of the Caribbean. Get to know us! Here are some adventures and activities to explore while you’re here:
- Whale-Watching Trips – We are the Whale-Watching Capital of the World!
- Natural Hot Pools – Relax, rejuventate in our all-natural hot springs.
- An abundance of rivers and waterfalls to enjoy
- World Class Scuba Diving
- Waitukubuli National Trail– the region’s longest hiking trail.
- Creole Culture & Heritage
- Kalinago Barana Aute – Learn about the Kalinago history and heritage.
As you can see, there are plenty of activities for everyone!
Dominica, the Healthy Island
There are so many ways to improve your state of health while you’re in Dominica.
Health & Fitness Benefits, Dominica Style
- Delicious and nutritous local creole cuisine
- Yoga Classes to keep you flexible and serene
- Hikes of all levels to improve your endurance
- Natural Hot Pools for muscle relaxation
- Endless rivers and waterfalls to explore
- Aromatherapy and massage
Ethical & Sustainable Dominica
- Top 10 Ethical Destinations 2014 & 2015
- Home to Secet Bay, a luxury eco-resort and 2016 Winner of the Boutique Hotel Award