Dont be fooled by our low, low affordable rates - we cater for the discerning who are not necessarily 'loaded'!
ITASSI COTTAGES are self catering, well appointed and quaint, built along the old-fashiond gingerbread style with an unbelievable panoramic view overlooking the city and the southernmost point of the island (Scott's Head). Though only 15 minutes walk from the outskirts of the city, you are away from it all in a tranquil setting where your comforts are met.
ITASSI COTTAGES sleep six - the living room is convertible to a bedroom. We welcome children; make it your home away from home - no restrictions as in a conventional hotel. All kitchen facilities are provided.
Complimentary high speed wireless available from the comfort of your cottage
Rent a car or bike, explore Dominica and when you return, a glorious sunset awaits you.
Need we say more? ITASSI offers it all!
So come and share what all our satisfied guests write about.
Back to top
Two bedroom cottage
1. How far are you from the closest beach?
We are 20 minute drive to scottshead which has a lovely cove at the penninsula. Also 20 minute drive to Mero beach which is on midwest coast. Prince Rupert bay and other lovely coves on the north west coast are about a one hour to 1 and one half hour drive.
2. How far are your from Dive Operators?
DIVE DOMINICA - 5 minutes by car
ANCHORAGE DIVE - 5 minutes by car
NATURE ISLAND DIVE - 15 minute by car
DIVE CASTAWAYS - 20 minute by car
|3. How far are you from Roseau?
3 minute drive or 15 minute walk.
4. How far are your from supermarkets?
Buses run regulary Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturdays: 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sundays: No way!
If using the bus, during the week, I always advise, that wherever you are in Dominica, start heading home by 4 p.m.
For weekends, you may rent a car from Saturday to return on Monday morning.
Rentals are usually US$50 - US$60 plus 15% tax and optional insurance of
US$12 per day.
Evenings, you can always stroll to Roseau and depending on the time you are returning, organize a taxi to take you back to Itassi or walk back. If it is after 9 p.m. I advise taking a taxi. Taxi from Roseau to Itassi is approx. EC$10.00 per person.
I also advise, to organize a taxi pick-up before you leave for the evening as we do not have taxi stands per say in Dominica.
6. Do you offer access to special activities such as diving, whale watching or hiking tours with guides? (prices?)
We are happy to provide you with contact information of the reputable operators on the island. But we leave all planning and bookings of these special activities up to you. But we are always here to provide assistance.
7. What is your policy on cancellations?
We require a 50% deposit to confirm reservations. This 50% deposit is fully refundable with 4 week cancellation notice.
8. Are you close to hiking?
The whole island is hiking so you will be close to some and far from others.
For example, the start point of Middleham Falls, TrafalgarFalls Boiling Lake, Titou Gorge, Soufriere Sulphur Springs, are 15 to 20 minutes drive.
Then you start to hike at your pace.
Syndicate Trail, Morne Diablotin, Sari Sari Falls, Victoria Falls, are about 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive and then you hike at your pace.
It will depend on where you want to go but the longest you will have to drive to the starting point of the furthest hiking rail is 1 1/2 hours.
The shortest you will have to drive to the starting point of the closest hiking rail is 15 minutes.
One bedroom cottage
9. Does one need AC in the summer? How hot and muggy does it get?
This question is always dificult to answer since some people are less sensitive than others to heat.
6 p.m. to 7 a.m. is always cool and pleasant, more so in the "winter" months. During the day i.e. 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. it can be warm and muggy, more so in the summer months.
But hopefully, you will be out during the day exploring our beautiful nature isle swimming in rivers and waterfalls, or suntanning on the beach, or hiking through our rain forests, or diving in our spectacular waters. So by the time you get back, it will be evening and after a refreshing shower, you will be relaxing on your verandah, sipping an ice cold drink and basically feeling that you are the luckiest person in the world!
We have had many many guests who relax in the cottage on a day off from exploring and are perfectly happy campers. We have also had guests sensitive to the heat who said simply, "we just make sure we are out exploring by 9 a.m. and return at sunset!"
View from veranda of two-bedroom cottage
10. Are you in the village or on the ocean?
Neither. Itassi Cottages are located on Morne Bruce which is a small hill just on the outskirts of Roseau, our capital.
11. Is the access road good? Would we need a four wheel drive vehicle?
Yes, the road going to Itassi is very good... except for two or three potholes so a four wheel drive is not neccessary at all.
It is good to have one however, for when you are exploring the island. Most of the island is easly accessible by car, but a 4 W/D gives you full freedom to go down any path your little hearts may desire.
12. Is there adequate parking?
Oh yes! Parking is NOT a problem. Right at the doorstep of the 2-bedroom cottage or 1 minute walk from Studio and 1-bedroom.
13. Do you have hot showers in the cottages?
view from the studio
14. How do we handle deposits?
For deposits you are welcome to email your credit card information or you may call us at 767 449 8700 or you may fax us at 767 448 3045.
We do accept bank drafts which you will make payable to Mrs. Ursula Harris
and mail it to us at P.O. Box 2333, Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica, West Indies, NOT the Dominican Republic.
You should add that part about DR since some of Dominica's mail ends up in the Dominican Republic never to be seen again and sometimes even cashed in DR.
15. What is the easiest way to get to Itassi Cottages coming from Roseau's port and airports
DIRECTIONS (if coming from either airport):
Once you get into Roseau meaning you've crossed the final bridge:
* it takes 5 minutes to get to Itassi from the bridge. 10 minutes since
it's your first time.
1. continue on that road. it's straight
2. after about 2 minutes, you will come to the bottom of a small hill -
3. go up that hill and continue straight on that same road.
4. there is a bend in that road, just continue.
5. you will come to cross road.
6. directly in front of you is the botanical gardens.
7. turn right
8. a few seconds later you will come to a fork.
9. take the left road which is the start of the hill, Morne Bruce
10. continue on that road for 4 corners.
11. you will come to another fork.
12. keep left.
13. immediately after that fork you will see a turning on the left
14. take that turning and drive straight up
15. do not enter the first set of gates you see.
16. continue around that corner and drive straight up.
17. voila, you're at Itassi.
DIRECTIONS (if coming from the ferry)
* it takes 5 minutes to get to Itassi from the ferry. 10 minutes since
it's your first time.
1. The ferry is on the bayfront.
2. exiting the ferry (facing the mountains) you'll drive down the bayfront
south or right of the ferry.
3. you will follow this road. you'll see a big green hotel on your left
when leaving the bayfront around a corner.
4. continue on that road.
5. you will pass a park on your right then come to a roundabout.
* there are three (3) roads entering this roundabout. Yours and two
smaller "tributary" roads to your left. Ignore these roads. you want to
remain on yours which is the main road.
6. go around the roundabout (entering it from the left) and continue
7. you will see a church on the corner on your left, then our state house
then our pastel pink parliament building all on the left.
8. turn left on the road immediately after our parliament building.
9. drive straight down on this road.
10. you'll see a gas station on your right, just continue driving until you
get to a crossroad.
11. at this corner turn left.
12. 2 seconds later you will see a turning on your right going up a hill.
* there is also this aqua blue/green building at the bottom of this hill
13. take this road. You're now in Morne Bruce.
then follow instructions 10 to 17 from first set of directions.
Ne soyez pas surpris par nos prix trés abordables, nous prenouns soin des visiteurs qui ne sont pas forcément aisés!
ITASSI COTTAGES sont entierèment équipés, bien installés et pittoresques, bâtis dans un style charmant et ancien, avec une vue panoramique extraordinaire dominant la ville et la pointe extrême-sud de L'Ile (Scott's Head). A seulement 15 minutes de marche des abords de la ville, vous serez pourtant à l'écant de tout, au calme pour vous reposer.
ITASSI COTTAGES peuvent accueillie 6 personnes (le salon est transformable en chambre). Les enfants sont les bienvenus. Faites-en votre maison join de chez vous - pas de contraintes comme dans un hôtel classique. La cuisine est entièrement équipée.
Louez une voiture ou un deux-roues, explorez la Dominique, quant vous rentrez un maniflique coucher de soleil vous attend.
QUE DIRE PLUS? ITASSI! OFFRE TOUT!
Alors, venez et partagez tout ce que nos hôtes satisfaits ont vécus.
Back to top
Lassen Sie sich nicht von unseren niedrigen Preisen täuschen - wir versuchen nur, es auch für die nicht zu "Wohlhabenden" erschwinglich zu machen!
ITASSI COTTAGES sind sur Selbstversorgung eingerichtet, sehr gut ausgestattet und malerisch in einer Art von längst vergessenem "Pfefferkuchen-Still" gebaut.
Von unseren Cottages aus bietet sich ein unvergieichliches Panorama von Roseau, unserer Hauptstadt, bis zum südichstem Punkt der linsl, Scott's Head genannt.
Zu Fup sind es ca nur 15 Minuten zum Stadtrand von Roseau, jedoch ist man noch weit genug weg von den üblichen Stadtgeräauschen - wenn nicht gar Läm während der "Rush Hours". Bei uns gibt es noch friediche Ruhe undimit allen Bequemlichkeiten dazul!
ITASSI COTTAGES können bix zu 6 Personen beherbergen, da das Wohnzimmer gleichfalls in ein Schlafzimmer umgewandelt werden kann. Natülich sind Kinder bel uns gieichfalls willkommem - machen Sie deshalb ITASSI COTTAGES zu Ihrem "Zuhause" während Ihres Uriaubes - frei von den üblichen Vorbehalten mancher Hotels.
Entdecken Sie unsere insel Dominica zu fup oder mittels eines Leihwagens oder eines Motorroller - und wenn Sie abends wieder "Heimkehren", erwarten Sie sehr oft wunderschöne tropische Sonnenuntergänge.
Müssen wir noch ausführlicher werden? ITASSI COTTAGES haben alies, was Sie mit sicherheit erwarten!
Back to top
Daily: For 1 or 2 persons $ 60.00 For 3 or 4 persons $ 90.00 For 5 or 6 persons $110.00 Weekly: For 1 or 2 persons $380.00 For 3 or 4 persons $570.00 For 5 or 6 persons $690.00
Daily: For 1 or 2 persons $ 40.00 Weekly: For 1 or 2 persons $250.00
Children are welcome
Cottages are self catering and fully furnished with:
Refrigerator, Stove, Linen, Crockery
Electricity, Cooking Gas, Telephone
and Television at no extra cost.
The cottages are a 15 minute walk
from the city of Roseau
Back to top
For further details contact:
PO Box 319, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: (1-767-448) 4313
Fax: (1-767-448) 3045
Please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservations.
We require a 50% deposit to confirm a reservation. Please e-mail, fax or call us with your Credit Card details.
Page © delphis 2001-2008